"I want to make real change in the world, I believe we all do"
Founder - Hatton & Berkeley
Robert has over 16 years experience of advising market leading media and telecoms companies, some highlights of his achievements over the last decade include;
- Founder of Hatton & Berkeley
- Structured UK Film Investments of over £40 million GBP
- PCP Award Design & Implementation for DHL (UK) designed to enhance efficiency within supply chain senior management teams.
- D-Basics/Intuit integration of 3D Ledger Software for telecoms companies
- Pioneering SVOD platform development, design and build of white label product for rights holders
- Advisor to global rights holders on UK/EU/US trade deal with City of London Police
- Copyright infringement litigation funding advisor to Film, Television and Music industry rights holders
- key insight platform design for Vodafone UK
- Advised and overseen over two thousand online UK company incorporations over the last 10 years
- Ongoing investment into The Creative Directory
- UK/EU renewable energy treasury advisory
- Emerging tech advisory to Break Off Capital
Prior to launching Hatton & Berkeley in June 2015, Robert had refined his expertise in alternative investment strategy whilst working on structuring UK investments in Renewable Energy, Media and Technology. His business management experience included overseeing the incorporation and structuring of over one thousand new companies in the UK, including trusts, funds, charities, plc's, LLPs and Ltd's for both UK and international clients.
With his team he has built unique proprietary technology, employed strategic key workers and designed processes which have advanced Hatton & Berkeley as a market leader in quality of service and reliability for alternative investment management, strategy, accounting, technology and professional business services.
Robert’s aspirations led from his years of devotion to working in the UK film and creative industries, drawn to the complexities of the vast value chain, his early acclimation to his career in media financing included development of Video On Demand platforms, advancing subscription models for online content licensing and distribution.
Whilst partnering with other rights holders globally, he invested in technology solutions to combat proliferation and illicit distribution of copyright protected content online, he successfully developed initiatives to increase minimum guarantee's of sale and is a pro copyright advocate.
Robert's specialist knowledge areas are media finance and renewable energy, he assists clients in developing their businesses, utilising the tools available to them from Hatton & Berkeley. His time is divided between overseeing the daily management of the operating group companies as well as consulting on venture capital requirements of clients.
He studied for his BSc in Product Design and Environmental Studies at Southbank University London, and completed his BA in Digital Arts & Animation in 2006. He lectured media studies at West Thames College and has worked for iconic companies such as M&C Saatchi, the BBC and Vodafone.